Saturday, November 1, 2008

some progress

I had pushed the mayor and council on this concern and after meetings with Steve Dibenow, who used to be the Chief of Staff for the mayor, they presented an alternate side of the street watering law, which was passed by Council.
I'm glad they finally listened. I don't think they went far enough, and seeing the law get enforced is something I think we'll all be waiting for for a long time.
I think the best thing we could do towards a long term solution is placement of a water desalination plant somewhere on the Northside and creating an enhanced water grid to transport and sell that water.
Words are cheap, so it remains that we all may be waiting a while for some real progressive action by those who say they have our best interests at heart.

No comments: